Like a fruit basket full of lemons, avocados have become a staple food in my kitchen. They taste so good and are so versatile — you can add them to smoothies, top soups, salads, sandwiches and burgers, mash into guacamole and pair with carrots and celery, eat as a quick snack with lemon juice and olive oil or make into a delectable tangy yogurt.
If avocados are not yet part of your regular diet, then you are missing out. Full of heart healthy monounsaturated fats, avocados can be your best friend in your fat loss mission — especially melting the stubborn flab around the waist. Avocados fight inflammation and can improve the body’s absorption of fat-soluble nutrients such as vitamin A – vital for respiratory, vision, and digestive health. As mentioned in this earlier post, avocados are wonderful for beautiful skin.
“In this single delectable fruit are combined the protein of meat, the fat of butter, the vitamins and minerals of green vegetables, the flavor of nuts, a six course dinner.”
This Avocado Apple Yogurt offers a rich, tangy and semi-sweet flavor. The texture is smooth and creamy. One spoonful will sketch a smile onto your face. Top with cinnamon and walnuts for subtle sweet spice and a bit of crunch.
- 1/2 medium apple
- 1 chilled ripe avocado, skin and pit removed
- 4 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Bragg apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon walnuts, chopped (pecans or almonds are just as good)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1) Remove seeds from apple. Keeping skin on, chop into small pieces.
2) Combine the grated apple, chilled avocado, vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil in a food processor and process until smooth.
3) Pour the yogurt into a bowl, sprinkle the cinnamon and nuts on top and serve immediately.
Subscribe above right to receive newly published blog entries instantly in your email inbox!Follow @soulwholesome