I don’t know about your high school ten year reunion, but I do know about mine. I recently mustered up the energy, courage, and finances to take a trip down to Los Angeles for my HS reunion.
I had no idea what to expect; didn’t know if I would even recognize anyone. Facebook attempts to keep me updated on what everyone has been up to but my lack of desire to quietly “click” into the lives of others in whom I haven’t spoken to is a real situation. In other words, I’m busy!
Because of my fb interaction failings, I knew I needed to show up to the reunion if I wanted updates on my old HS friends. I am happy I went! Great conversations, fine wine, awesome location in Culver City…. The food wasn’t the most nutritious but it was made using the freshest ingredients. I’d like to describe it as gourmet comfort food.
Speaking of gourmet comfort, this bacon topped avocado snacks tastes sinfully delicious and is good for you! Anything with bacon gets me dancing in my socks and to add avocado to the mix…man it’s a party! Quality bacon makes a world of difference so don’t cheat your taste buds. Check the recipe and cooking video below.
BACON TOPPED AVOCADO SNACKS
– 1 ripe avocado
– 1/4 cup bacon, cooked & chopped
– 1 tablespoon red onion, finely chopped
– juice of 1/2 a lime
– cayenne pepper
– salt & pepper, to taste
1. Cut the avocado in half lengthwise and remove seed. Spoon out the meat of the avocado in a bowl making sure not to tear the avocado skin. Save the skins.
2. In the same bowl, add about 1 tablespoon of the bacon, the lime juice, and the onion and smash the mixture until it resembles a chunky guacamole.
3. Add the cayenne pepper and salt & pepper and give it one last mix.
4. Spoon the avocado mix into the avocado skins and place on plate.
5. Top the avocado with the remaining bacon. Enjoy!
Click here to get juicy food and life notes straight from Chika to your inbox!
Chika Obih is a certified holistic nutrition consultant; blogger; and founder of Chika Obih Wellness based in Oakland, CA and offers services virtually, in-person or by phone. Chika is passionate about empowering people to take charge of their own health utilizing the power of wholesome, clean foods and fun holistic lifestyle solutions. Contact Chika today to set up your free consultation.
- Tuna Avocado Lettuce Wraps (with a Cooking Video!) (soul-wholesome.com)